This 5-day intensive course is a lively and practical seminar designed to help journalists refine their skills, with particular emphasis on the coverage of women’s issues, their opinions and rights.
Who: All applicants for this Thomson Reuters Foundation training course must have:
– two years of professional experience as journalists or as regular contributors to broadcast or print media.
– show strong interest in women’s issues;
– a commitment to journalism in their host countries;
– professional proficiency in written and spoken English is required.
All selected participants will have researched a story they would like to develop during the course.
When: 27 May 2013 | End date: 31 May 2013
Where: London, United Kingdom.
Thomson Reuters Foundation offers:
Full bursaries and Part-funded bursaries.
- A biography of up to 250 words outlining your career.
- Two recent examples of your published work, preferably relevant to the course for which you are applying, with a brief summary in English (if necessary). TV/Radio journalists can send in their scripts and a brief summary.
- A statement of between 250 and 500 words describing any factors affecting your work as a journalist. Explain how you hope to benefit from the course for which you are applying.
Deadline: 23 April 2013
For more info and application go to: http://www.trust.org/trustmedia/journalism-training/reporting-on-womens-issues-london-2013311